Monday, September 8, 2008

Clarion Football (Tuesday Strength Workout)

Tuesday (9/9/08)

Power Cleans (HB) 4x3


Push Press 5, 4, 3, 3x3


RDL 5, 4, 3 5, 4, 3


Lat Pulldowns 3x12

Biceps 3x12

2 comments:

Hoff said...

what workouts do you do for preseason? I'm assuming that these workouts now are for maintaining. I play for the Pittsburgh Passion, and lift religously. I love new stuff, just wondering what exercises, agility, lifting, whatever, for a running back. Best of luck this season!

Coach G said...

Hoff,
In response to your question about weightlifting. Since we are in season our athletes for the most part are kept in a maintaining phase stage of lifting. Now the red-shirt freshmen who don't travel, they actual get worked a little harder compared to your starters and guys who travel.

Now these type of workouts we do are all explosive Olympic movements. These lifts consist of the snatch, clean and jerk, squats, and other numerous assistants exercises that relate to the Olympic Style of weight training.

If you are interested in more background information on Olympic Weightlifting I can fill you in with more detail. I belong to a club thats located just outside the city of Pittsburgh (Bridgeville.) Its a great place to train and the coaching staff is really good on teaching the lifts. Let me know what you think!