This blog is open for football and Olympic Weightlifting discussions.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
What are the Benefits of DDR?
What is the benefit of Dance Dance Revolution (DDR)? Does it really put you in you target heart rate zone? How is this technology device better than the good old fashion team/ lifetime sport activities?
I think DDR is a great way to get all students involved!! It offers a unique way to get kids moving without the use of traditional sport. It meets their technology interests, and it's something they can do at home. Do you have any experience with the Wii? I hear a lot of the kids talk about that, too.
No, I have never used a Wii before. I personally seem to be skeptical about these technology devices that people say are good for physical fitness. I guess thats just the old school style in me. It just seems that kids today are so caught up in all these video games that the general population has to now cater to their physical fitness needs by coming up with video games that are said to be good for ones personal fitness. Instead, parents should be taking their children out to play and teaching them something worth while.
2 comments:
I think DDR is a great way to get all students involved!! It offers a unique way to get kids moving without the use of traditional sport. It meets their technology interests, and it's something they can do at home. Do you have any experience with the Wii? I hear a lot of the kids talk about that, too.
No, I have never used a Wii before. I personally seem to be skeptical about these technology devices that people say are good for physical fitness. I guess thats just the old school style in me. It just seems that kids today are so caught up in all these video games that the general population has to now cater to their physical fitness needs by coming up with video games that are said to be good for ones personal fitness. Instead, parents should be taking their children out to play and teaching them something worth while.
Post a Comment