This blog is open for football and Olympic Weightlifting discussions.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Speed Development
I am looking for new ideas in exercises relating to speed/agility development. If anyone has something they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it.
Have you ever done or thought about doing speed training in a sand pit? I know alot of the larger universities have their own pits for say football, but I think that anything with explosion ex. Box jumps or anything with changing directions would be more beneficial if done in the sand because it really works those muscles.
I have put together a ton of plyometric workouts for my players and I also have cone/agility workouts as well. I can email them to you if you would like!
If you can, e-mail those cone/agility workouts. I already have some workouts, but I wouldn't mind checking out what you have. It could be different than mine.
3 comments:
Have you ever done or thought about doing speed training in a sand pit? I know alot of the larger universities have their own pits for say football, but I think that anything with explosion ex. Box jumps or anything with changing directions would be more beneficial if done in the sand because it really works those muscles.
I have put together a ton of plyometric workouts for my players and I also have cone/agility workouts as well. I can email them to you if you would like!
If you can, e-mail those cone/agility workouts. I already have some workouts, but I wouldn't mind checking out what you have. It could be different than mine.
Post a Comment